-   -   virt-manager through VPN (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/232370-virt-manager-through-vpn.html)

Andreas Schneider 01-22-2009 11:56 AM

virt-manager through VPN

Hi,

I haven't had time to look at it, but you can't use virt-mangager to connect
remotely to a machine trough VPN.

It hangs very long. If you kill the ssh connection then it gets some host info
but you can't do anything.

I think it is a MTU problem, but I'm not sure.

Has someone else discovered the same problem or has an idea what's the
problem.

Cheers,

-- andreas

Cole Robinson 01-23-2009 08:21 PM

virt-manager through VPN

Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't had time to look at it, but you can't use virt-mangager to connect
> remotely to a machine trough VPN.
>
> It hangs very long. If you kill the ssh connection then it gets some host info
> but you can't do anything.
>
> I think it is a MTU problem, but I'm not sure.
>
> Has someone else discovered the same problem or has an idea what's the
> problem.

I've never tried, but it might be interesting to see if connecting via
virsh suffers the same problem.

Thanks,
Cole

Andreas Schneider 01-27-2009 12:22 PM

virt-manager through VPN

On Friday 23 January 2009 22:21:19 Cole Robinson wrote:
> I've never tried, but it might be interesting to see if connecting via
> virsh suffers the same problem.

Hi Cole,

connecting remotly through vpn to libvirt using virsh works just fine. Only
virt-manager can't do it.

> Thanks,
> Cole

-- andreas