-   -   virtual network devices (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/212440-virtual-network-devices.html)

Stephen Hemminger 12-15-2008 08:06 PM

virtual network devices

Trying to clear up some problems I went in and deleted the
virtual network device. Edit->Host Details->Virtual Networks

But now there is no way to add a new one (Add) is greyed out.
This is on Ubuntu Ibex and using KVM.

Where is the configuration located so it can be fixed?

Cole Robinson 12-15-2008 08:12 PM

virtual network devices

Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> Trying to clear up some problems I went in and deleted the
> virtual network device. Edit->Host Details->Virtual Networks
>
> But now there is no way to add a new one (Add) is greyed out.
> This is on Ubuntu Ibex and using KVM.
>
> Where is the configuration located so it can be fixed?

Is virt-manager definitely 'connected' to the hypervisor? The status
field for the connection in the main virt-manager view should read
'Connected'.

If so, are you connected to a remote machine? That was at one point
disabled needlessly, but is fixed upstream (and in the current release).
The fix is here:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-virt.cgi/applications/virt-manager--devel/rev/d7f8c862ae0f

- Cole