Old 12-02-2008, 05:45 PM
"Paras pradhan"

Default virt-install

Hi all,

What is causing this?

---
[root@ha1 init.d]# virt-install
ERROR*** A name is required for the virtual machine.
---

It should be run interactively. Correct?

Version is the 0.400.0 and compiled from source tar ball under CentOS 52

Thanks
Paras.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Cole Robinson

Paras pradhan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What is causing this?
>
> ---
> [root@ha1 init.d]# virt-install
> ERROR A name is required for the virtual machine.
> ---
>
> It should be run interactively. Correct?
>

> Version is the 0.400.0 and compiled from source tar ball under CentOS 52

Most prompting was removed from virt-install in the 0.400.0 release. It
was a maintenance burden and and largely unnecessary.

The minimum required options should be --name, --ram, and an install
method (either --location, --pxe, or --cdrom).

- Cole

Old 12-02-2008, 08:35 PM
"Paras pradhan"

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso@redhat.com> wrote:

Paras pradhan wrote:

> Hi all,

> What is causing this?

> ---

> [root@ha1 init.d]# virt-install

> ERROR * *A name is required for the virtual machine.

> ---

> It should be run interactively. Correct?

> Version is the 0.400.0 and compiled from source tar ball under CentOS 52

Most prompting was removed from virt-install in the 0.400.0 release. It

was a maintenance burden and and largely unnecessary.

The minimum required options should be --name, --ram, and an install

method (either --location, --pxe, or --cdrom).

- Cole

ok.. no problem with that when I can run virt-install with options. I get stuck in the middle.. this might not be the issue with virt-install or virt-manager. I am trying to install centos para virt guest. When I choose to install from nfs. it then tries to*determine*IP address*automatically. I don't know if gets the ip or not. But the installer stops here in this screen.

I am not being able to figure out this.
Paras.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:29 PM
"Paras pradhan"

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Paras pradhan <pradhanparas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Paras pradhan wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > What is causing this?
>> >
>> > ---
>> > [root@ha1 init.d]# virt-install
>> > ERROR A name is required for the virtual machine.
>> > ---
>> >
>> > It should be run interactively. Correct?
>> >

>> > Version is the 0.400.0 and compiled from source tar ball under CentOS 52
>> >

>> Most prompting was removed from virt-install in the 0.400.0 release. It
>> was a maintenance burden and and largely unnecessary.
>>
>> The minimum required options should be --name, --ram, and an install
>> method (either --location, --pxe, or --cdrom).
>>
>> - Cole
>>

> ok.. no problem with that when I can run virt-install with options. I get
> stuck in the middle.. this might not be the issue with virt-install or
> virt-manager. I am trying to install centos para virt guest. When I choose
> to install from nfs. it then tries to determine IP address automatically. I
> don't know if gets the ip or not. But the installer stops here in this
> screen.
> I am not being able to figure out this.
> Paras.

After successfull installation of guest by virt-install where does it
stores the domain configuration file. I did'nt see in /etc/xen but my
domU is running good.

Thanks
Paras.