Old 12-01-2008, 05:43 PM
"Paras pradhan"

Default running virt-manager

Hi all,
I have compiled libvirt using:
./configuremakemake install

And after that I have complied virt-manager using:

./configuiremakemake install

The I added /usr/local/lib to ld.so.conf.d , ran ldconfig.
Now when i run virt-manager

I get the followiing error:
---[root@ha1 ~]# virt-manager*Traceback (most recent call last):**File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 26, in ?
** *import libvirtImportError: No module named libvirt[root@ha1 ~]#*
--

What went wrong in here?
Thanks

Old 12-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Cole Robinson

Paras pradhan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have compiled libvirt using:
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>

> And after that I have complied virt-manager using:
>
> ./configuire
> make
> make install
>

> The I added /usr/local/lib to ld.so.conf.d , ran ldconfig.
>
> Now when i run virt-manager
>
> I get the followiing error:
>
> ---
> [root@ha1 ~]# virt-manager
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 26, in ?
> import libvirt
> ImportError: No module named libvirt
> [root@ha1 ~]#
>
> --
>

> What went wrong in here?
>
> Thanks
> Paras.

You'll need to find out where libvirt 'make install' placed the python
bindings (look for file 'libvirt.py'), and set the environment variable
PYTHONPATH to that directory.

- Cole

Old 12-01-2008, 07:29 PM
"Paras pradhan"

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso@redhat.com> wrote:

Paras pradhan wrote:

> Hi all,

> I have compiled libvirt using:

> ./configure

> make

> make install

> And after that I have complied virt-manager using:

> ./configuire

> make

> make install

> The I added /usr/local/lib to ld.so.conf.d , ran ldconfig.

> Now when i run virt-manager

> I get the followiing error:

> ---

> [root@ha1 ~]# virt-manager

> Traceback (most recent call last):

> * File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 26, in ?

> * * import libvirt

> ImportError: No module named libvirt

> [root@ha1 ~]#

> --

> What went wrong in here?

> Thanks

> Paras.

You'll need to find out where libvirt 'make install' placed the python

bindings (look for file 'libvirt.py'), and set the environment variable

PYTHONPATH to that directory.

- Cole

Thanks for the reply.

Now it has stopped complaining about import libvirt.I had to set the PYTHONPATH to /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
But here comes the new error after i run 'virt-manager'

-----------
traceback (most recent call last):
* File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 346, in ?
*** main()
* File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 287, in main

*** from virtManager.engine import vmmEngine
* File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 31, in ?
*** from virtManager.connection import vmmConnection
* File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 36, in ?

*** from virtManager.domain import vmmDomain
* File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 669
*** finally:
********* ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
--------

Thanks
Paras.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Cole Robinson

Paras pradhan wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Now it has stopped complaining about import libvirt.I had to set the
> PYTHONPATH to /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
> But here comes the new error after i run 'virt-manager'
> -----------
> traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 346, in ?
> main()
> File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 287, in main
> from virtManager.engine import vmmEngine
> File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 31, in ?
> from virtManager.connection import vmmConnection
> File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 36,
> in ?
> from virtManager.domain import vmmDomain
> File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 669
> finally:
> ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> --------
>
> Thanks
> Paras.

Ah, I take it you are using the virt-manager 0.6.0 release. There were
some python2.5 specific pieces that crept into the release, so you will
need to apply this patch:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virt-manager--devel?cs=a8cafeaa92a6

Or you can try building from an upstream checkout.

- Cole

Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 PM
"Paras pradhan"

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso@redhat.com> wrote:

Paras pradhan wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.

> Now it has stopped complaining about import libvirt.I had to set the

> PYTHONPATH to /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages

> But here comes the new error after i run 'virt-manager'

> -----------

> traceback (most recent call last):

> * File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 346, in ?

> * * main()

> * File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 287, in main

> * * from virtManager.engine import vmmEngine

> * File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 31, in ?

> * * from virtManager.connection import vmmConnection

> * File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 36,

> in ?

> * * from virtManager.domain import vmmDomain

> * File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 669

> * * finally:

> * * * * * ^

> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

> --------

> Thanks

> Paras.

Ah, I take it you are using the virt-manager 0.6.0 release. There were

some python2.5 specific pieces that crept into the release, so you will

need to apply this patch:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virt-manager--devel?cs=a8cafeaa92a6

Or you can try building from an upstream checkout.

- Cole

Cole. thanks.. the patch worked and I can now see the GUI of virt-manager.

Now when I click the Domain-0 in virt-manager. I am having an err msg.

--
Traceback (most recent call last):

* File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 304, in show_details
*** details = vmmDetails(self.get_config(), con.get_vm(uuid), self)
* File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 188, in __init__

*** self.vncViewer.set_scaling(True)
AttributeError: 'gtkvnc.Display' object has no attribute 'set_scaling'
---

I have gtk-vnc-pythond installed.

NO idea what is going on.

Thanks
Paras.

*

Old 12-02-2008, 02:54 AM
Cole Robinson

Paras pradhan wrote:

> Cole. thanks.. the patch worked and I can now see the GUI of virt-manager.
>
> Now when I click the Domain-0 in virt-manager. I am having an err msg.
>
> --
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 304, in
> show_details
> details = vmmDetails(self.get_config(), con.get_vm(uuid), self)
> File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 188, in
> __init__
> self.vncViewer.set_scaling(True)
> AttributeError: 'gtkvnc.Display' object has no attribute 'set_scaling'
> ---
>

> I have gtk-vnc-pythond installed.
>

> NO idea what is going on.
>

> Thanks
> Paras.

You'll need the latest version of gtk-vnc, or at least the minimum that is
specified in the packaged virt-manager spec file. Make sure all other
dependencies in the spec file are met on your machine as well.

- Cole

Old 12-02-2008, 03:11 PM
"Paras pradhan"

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso@redhat.com> wrote:

Paras pradhan wrote:

> Cole. thanks.. the patch worked and I can now see the GUI of virt-manager.

> Now when I click the Domain-0 in virt-manager. I am having an err msg.

> --

> Traceback (most recent call last):

> * File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 304, in

> show_details

> * * details = vmmDetails(self.get_config(), con.get_vm(uuid), self)

> * File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 188, in

> __init__

> * * self.vncViewer.set_scaling(True)

> AttributeError: 'gtkvnc.Display' object has no attribute 'set_scaling'

> ---

> I have gtk-vnc-pythond installed.

> NO idea what is going on.

> Thanks

> Paras.

You'll need the latest version of gtk-vnc, or at least the minimum that is

specified in the packaged virt-manager spec file. Make sure all other

dependencies in the spec file are met on your machine as well.

- Cole

The README file that comes with the tar ball of virt-manager mentions the required version of* to be gtk-vnc >= 0.0.1. I have 0.3.2

[root@ha1 virt-manager-0.6.0]# rpm -qa |grep gtk-vnc

gtk-vnc-python-0.3.2-3.el5
gtk-vnc-0.3.2-3.el5
gtk-vnc-devel-0.3.2-3.el5

Thanks
Paras.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:27 PM
"Paras pradhan"

> Cole. thanks.. the patch worked and I can now see the GUI of virt-manager.

> Now when I click the Domain-0 in virt-manager. I am having an err msg.

> --

> Traceback (most recent call last):

> * File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 304, in

> show_details

> * * details = vmmDetails(self.get_config(), con.get_vm(uuid), self)

> * File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 188, in

> __init__

> * * self.vncViewer.set_scaling(True)

> AttributeError: 'gtkvnc.Display' object has no attribute 'set_scaling'

> ---

> I have gtk-vnc-pythond installed.

> NO idea what is going on.

> Thanks

> Paras.

You'll need the latest version of gtk-vnc, or at least the minimum that is

specified in the packaged virt-manager spec file. Make sure all other

dependencies in the spec file are met on your machine as well.

- Cole

The README file that comes with the tar ball of virt-manager mentions the required version of* to be gtk-vnc >= 0.0.1. I have 0.3.2

[root@ha1 virt-manager-0.6.0]# rpm -qa |grep gtk-vnc

gtk-vnc-python-0.3.2-3.el5
gtk-vnc-0.3.2-3.el5
gtk-vnc-devel-0.3.2-3.el5

Thanks
Paras.

I removed the gtk-vnc rpms and compiled from source...*
Now I don't have that error now.

Thanksparas.