Old 12-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Cole Robinson

Default Connecting to a remote libvirtd host using virt-manger

Jon Smith wrote:
> virt-manager and libvirtd both functioning locally. I tried to use
> virt-manager to access the same libvirtd host remotely but I'm having
> some trouble.
>
> I'm using qemu+ssh to connect to the remote host, but when I do,
> virt-manager turns gray and becomes unresponsive, eventually the part
> of the window showing the hosts goes blank. If I stop libvirtd on the
> remote host, virt-manager refreshes itself and shows the libvirtd host
> as connected, and even lists all the domains available. I'm also able
> to connect using virsh and that works fine.
>
> I can repeat this process over and over again, even after rebooting
> the hosts involved. I've also run libvirtd with the --verbose flag
> and can send the output (~80K) if that would help.

What distro are you using? What virt-manager version? Distro package or
compiled from source?

How are you invoking virt-manager? Can you try running 'virt-manager
--no-fork' from the command line, trying to connect to the remote host,
and seeing if a password prompt pops up in the terminal?

Thanks,
Cole