Old 11-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Cole Robinson

Default Howto configure "shared physical device" without GUI

FCOMBERNOUS@ares.fr wrote:
> Lo,
>
> My host manager have a bridge configured with interface br0. On this one,
> i'm using kvm with libvirt.
> I'm trying to add, in the network configuration, a "shared physical device"
> more than the provided by default.

The network you are trying to build won't show up as a 'shared physical
device' fyi, it will show up as a virtual network. Shared physical
device basically means a bridge.

> I read the documentation [1] explaining how the xml network is structured.
> But, i didn't found how to build the xml to put it in the
> path /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks.
>
> Is it vith virsh ? If yes, how to do it ?

You will want to use the virsh net-* commands. So net-define,
net-start, etc.

- Cole

Old 11-19-2008, 02:44 PM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 04:34:00PM +0100, FCOMBERNOUS@ares.fr wrote:

> My host manager have a bridge configured with interface br0. On this one,
> i'm using kvm with libvirt.
> I'm trying to add, in the network configuration, a "shared physical device"
> more than the provided by default.

See the docs on shared physical devices here:

http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking

Daniel