Old 11-12-2008, 01:25 PM
"Arutyunyan Ruben"

Default KVM, Virt-manager and virtio

Hello everyone,
*
i just recently installed KVM(on*Ubuntu
8.04)*and virt-manager was of great help when i had to deploy few Win 2003
guests. The only problem i have now is networking. I use bridged network and its
fine xept one thing - its 100 mbit. What i need is 1 Gbs link(my network card
allows that). Seems to fully utilise nw card i need to install virtio network
device, then drivers for it from Windows and be a happy. I found this how-to http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/tip-how-setup-windows-guest-paravirtual-network-drivers*,
but i dont understand how to make virtio device available for guest if i dont
start machine manually via command line, but want to incorporate it into
xml.
*
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance.
*
Ruben