Cobbler (0.7.0) and koan (0.6.4) test release builds
For those interested in what is going on in Cobbler lately, but not
following the latest git and/or IRC, I've built some testing RPMs...
To summarize, the main new thing in Cobbler is the start of a pluggable
authn/authz system and moving the WebUI to mod_python. This means for a
faster experience, but also one that can be more easily integrated with
other corporate environments. This will evolve more over the next few
weeks. Perhaps even more importantly, Cobbler Web UI setup is also
much simpler as there are less steps.
There's also support for deploying Xen fullvirt (if you have F8 or
higher), and logging across the Web services APIs (and in general) are
Koan gets support for Xen fullvirt, diskless Xen systems, and the
aforementioned --autonet post to the list. Koan also gets a --no-gfx
option back (for Xen installs when you don't want to use VNC) that
shouldn't have been removed previously.
I plan to continue the 0.7.X branch for another month or so, with more
features in the area of performance, authn/authz, and so forth. Feel
free to pound on what is there now -- there are likely a few bugs and
that always makes for a better release, but feedback and RFEs are always
great too. Cobbler 0.6.X will probably not see an additional release
unless major bugs come up that we would like to fix.
Changelogs are below:
- Testing branch
- Fix bug related to <<inherit>> and kickstart args
- Make CLI functions modular and use optparse
- Quote wget args to avoid creating stray files on target system
- Support Xen FV as virt type (requires F8+)
- Implemented fully pluggable authn/authz system
- WebUI is now mod_python based
- Greatly enhanced logging (goes to /var/log/cobbler/cobbler.log)
- New --no-triggers and --no-sync on "adds" for performance and other
- performance testing scripts (in source checkout)
- webui now uses Apache logging
- misc webui fixes
* Tue Nov 27 2007 Michael DeHaan <firstname.lastname@example.org> - 0.6.4-1
- Added --nogfx option, which is basically the inverse of the old
- Allow Xen machines to be constructed with no disks (size=0), but not
- Support Xen Fullvirt via PXE
- Add new --autonet command
- Fail if kernel argument length exceeds the 255 cap, as truncation can
lead to hard to debug errors.
et-mgmt-tools mailing list
|All times are GMT. The time now is 02:06 AM.|
VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.