-   -   Adding a bridged network interface when creating a VM as a non-root user. (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/190044-adding-bridged-network-interface-when-creating-vm-non-root-user.html)

"Chris Dew" 11-08-2008 04:49 PM

Adding a bridged network interface when creating a VM as a non-root user.

I've just started using virt-manager and kvm.* Apologies if the answer to this question can be found on the mailling list archive - I didn't find it easy to search.
*
Package: virt-manager
Version: 0.5.4-2ubuntu

Architecture: amd64
Kernel: 2.6.27-7-server

I've successfully created a VM (as root) to which I've managed to add a bridged ethernet interface.

When I create a machine as a non-root user, the add hardware screen contains options to add a Storage Device, Input Device or Graphics Device. The option to add a Network Device (present as root) is missing.

Is there any way to make the Network Device option appear (for non-root users)?

Thanks,

Chris.