Old 11-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Arne Bernin

Default virt-manager Problem with german keyboard (AltGr) and builtin vnc client

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 12:28 -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:

> Can you paste the output of:
>
> virsh dumpxml your-vm-name | grep keymap

vms-lnx:~# virsh dumpxml flexlm01 | grep keymap
<graphics type='vnc' port='5900' autoport='yes' listen='0.0.0.0'
keymap='de'/>

> cat /etc/sysconfig/keyboard

unfortunatly this will not work, as i am using a debian
System as host ;-)

The installed keymap is: de-latin1-nodeadkeys
and in the xorg config:
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "de"
Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"

So it seems to me, that it is correctly configured...

Thanks,
Arne

Arne Bernin
Tel: +49 40 890 88 433
Fax: +49 40 890 88 444
mailto:ab@stollmann.de
http://www.stollmann.de

Stollmann E+V GmbH, Mendelssohnstr. 15D, D-22761 Hamburg, Germany
HRB Hamburg 55634, VAT-ID DE 811 675 541
GF: Peter Herrmann, Christian Lührs

Old 11-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Frederik Himpe

On wo, 2008-11-05 at 13:09 +0100, Arne Bernin wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 12:28 -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
>
> > Can you paste the output of:
> >
> > virsh dumpxml your-vm-name | grep keymap
>

> vms-lnx:~# virsh dumpxml flexlm01 | grep keymap
> <graphics type='vnc' port='5900' autoport='yes' listen='0.0.0.0'
> keymap='de'/>

Can you try removing the keymap completely from that line (run virsh
edit flexlm01)? For me it works best without any keymap defined.

Another thing which could be relevant is this patch:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-11/msg00116.html

--
Frederik Himpe <fhimpe@telenet.be>

Old 11-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Arne Bernin

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 23:25 +0100, Frederik Himpe wrote:

> Can you try removing the keymap completely from that line (run virsh
> edit flexlm01)? For me it works best without any keymap defined.

When i do this, the keyboard is totally wrong. I need to set
it to "de". see below...

> Another thing which could be relevant is this patch:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-11/msg00116.html

I already applied this one to kvm/qemu, without it,
it does not work even with the tight-vncclient.
But with the patch applied, it works now, even
with the builtin client in virt-manager.

In think i used the wrong kvm/qemu version in my
previous testing, thinking that i already patched it...
But it seems, i was wrong. Sorry about that.

So i will file a debian bug report to get this patch
included in kvm...

Thanks again!