Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Cole Robinson

Default Error setting up graphics device:list index out of range

Frederik Himpe wrote:
> [Sorry for multiposting, I send this to the wrong mailing list the first
> time...]
>
> When I try to create a new KVM VM x86_64, os variant Ubuntu Hardy, it
> fails at the end with this message:
>
> Error setting up graphics device:list index out of range
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 640, in
> finish
> guest._graphics_dev = virtinst.VirtualGraphics
> (type=virtinst.VirtualGraphics.TYPE_VNC)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 207,
> in
> __init__
> self.set_keymap(keymap)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 219,
> in
> set_keymap
> val = util.default_keymap()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/util.py", line 293, in
> default_keymap
> kt = s.split('"')[1]
> IndexError: list index out of range
>
> What could be wrong here? I'm using virt-manager 0.6.0, libvirt 0.4.6,
> python-virtinst 0.400.0 on Mandriva Linux 2009.0 x86_64.

Hi, thanks for the report. Definitely a bug on our side.
We try to determine the host machines keyboard mapping
so we can set a default guest keymap, but out parsing
code isn't careful enough.

Can you post the contents of /etc/sysconfig/keyboard so
we can try to fix it properly?

Thanks,
Cole