Old 10-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Arne Bernin

Default virt-manager Problem with german keyboard (AltGr) and builtin vnc client

Hi all!

I have a little problem getting virt-manager (0.6) running
with my german keyboard layout. I am able to get
all chars correctly, without those that require an
AltGr (@ and | which is really nasty).

I also had an issue with kvm (which i am using for virtual machines),
but found a patch to fix this behaviour. Now, while the vnc server seems
to work correctly, it is only working with external vncviwer like
realvnc or tightvnc, not with the internal one used by virt-manager
(which seems to be based on libgtk-vnc).
So i am wondering, where is the correct place to get this fixed ?

Thanks and best regards,

Arne Bernin

Arne Bernin
Tel: +49 40 890 88 433
Fax: +49 40 890 88 444
mailto:ab@stollmann.de
http://www.stollmann.de

Stollmann E+V GmbH, Mendelssohnstr. 15D, D-22761 Hamburg, Germany
HRB Hamburg 55634, VAT-ID DE 811 675 541
GF: Peter Herrmann, Christian Lührs

Old 10-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Cole Robinson

Arne Bernin wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have a little problem getting virt-manager (0.6) running
> with my german keyboard layout. I am able to get
> all chars correctly, without those that require an
> AltGr (@ and | which is really nasty).
>
> I also had an issue with kvm (which i am using for virtual machines),
> but found a patch to fix this behaviour. Now, while the vnc server seems
> to work correctly, it is only working with external vncviwer like
> realvnc or tightvnc, not with the internal one used by virt-manager
> (which seems to be based on libgtk-vnc).
> So i am wondering, where is the correct place to get this fixed ?

Can you paste the output of:

virsh dumpxml your-vm-name | grep keymap
cat /etc/sysconfig/keyboard

Thanks,
Cole