-   -   (take2)Add "Migrate" to VirtualMachine-menu in the individual VM view (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/183473-take2-add-migrate-virtualmachine-menu-individual-vm-view.html)

Cole Robinson 10-28-2008 02:25 PM

S.Sakamoto wrote:
> Hi, Cole
>
> I cleared all the problems about your comment.
> I show the following the summary of this patch
> and a problem about doing "Migrate" from individual VM view.

Hi, I've been playing with the previous round a bit more
and wanted to take a look at this version, but it doesn't
look like the patch was attached.

> [Summary]
> 1. Move the logic that get available host from manager.py to engnine.py.
>
> 2. Don't show a host of the different hypervisor in available host list.
>
> 3. Change the message from "is migrated from" to "will be migrated from".
>
> 4. Add "Migrate" to VirtualMachine-menu in the individual VM view.
>
> VirtualMachine
> |
> +- Run
> Pause
> Shutdown
> Save
> ---------------
> Migrate ----> host1.example.com
> --------------- host2.example.com
> Take Screenshot host3.example.com
>
> [Problem]
> After I do "Migrate" from the individual VM view,
> the view shows a information of the VM on not destination host.
> But, I think that the view should show a information of the VM
> on destination host.
>
> How about this problem?

Hmm, I think I understand what you mean. I'd probably need to
play with the code though to determine what the best solution
might be, though it may be that we will just commit this and
address it later.

Thanks,
Cole

Cole Robinson 10-30-2008 08:18 PM

S.Sakamoto wrote:
> Hi, Cole
>
> I cleared all the problems about your comment.
> I show the following the summary of this patch
> and a problem about doing "Migrate" from individual VM view.

Okay, this looks good, I've committed this:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virt-manager--devel?cs=f47cf079e311

Though I had a few more small issues with the code. I
worked up a patch (attached) that fixes them.

There was a bug when trying to migrate from the manager
if clicking around between different VM's on different
connections. The fix was just to populate the migrate
menu on demand, rather than when a new VM was selected.

The other change was to actually list unusable connections
in the migrate list, but have them as inactive list entries:

http://fedorapeople.org/~crobinso/virt-manager/virt-manager-migrate.png

The disabled list entries also have tooltips which explain
why they are disabled. I think this will be more clear to
users if there are invalid connections.

Do you think this is an okay change?

Thanks,
Cole