Old 10-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Orion Poplawski

Default virt-install fails if http server has directory indexes turned off

def acquireKernel(baseuri, progresscb, scratchdir="/var/tmp", type=None,
distro=None, arch=None):
fetcher = _fetcherForURI(baseuri, scratchdir)

try:
fetcher.prepareLocation(progresscb)
except ValueError, e:
raise ValueError, _("Invalid install location: ") + str(e)

Here we're attempting to download the base directory to test whether the
location is valid. This seems unnecessary and fails if the server has
disabled directory listings.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 11-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Cole Robinson

Orion Poplawski wrote:
> def acquireKernel(baseuri, progresscb, scratchdir="/var/tmp", type=None,
> distro=None, arch=None):
> fetcher = _fetcherForURI(baseuri, scratchdir)
>
> try:
> fetcher.prepareLocation(progresscb)
> except ValueError, e:
> raise ValueError, _("Invalid install location: ") + str(e)
>

> Here we're attempting to download the base directory to test whether the
> location is valid. This seems unnecessary and fails if the server has
> disabled directory listings.

This has been fixed upstream, I changed prepareLocation to not
try to grab the directory list, just check for it's existence
using fetcher.hasFile:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virtinst--devel?cs=24a96e544e8e

I don't know of a tree with disabled directory listings, so if
you could verify, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cole