Old 10-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Atsushi SAKAI

Default Copying Images for VMM

Hello Bryan

I hope following page will help.
http://libvirt.org/apps.html

Thanks
Atsushi SAKAI

Old 10-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Bryan Christ

Thanks for the URL. I looked at the virt-clone tool, but it only lets
you clone images on a local host. I need to copy my *.img file from my
laptop to my desktop. I tried manually copying the file
from /var/lib/libvirt/images but I think there's an extra step (or more)
that I need to do.

Does anyone know?

Old 10-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Cole Robinson

Bryan Christ wrote:
> Thanks for the URL. I looked at the virt-clone tool, but it only lets
> you clone images on a local host. I need to copy my *.img file from my
> laptop to my desktop. I tried manually copying the file
> from /var/lib/libvirt/images but I think there's an extra step (or more)
> that I need to do.
>
> Does anyone know?

You'll need to transfer the vm configuration as well.

(on source host) virsh dumpxml vmname > vmname.xml
copy vmname.xml from src to dest
(on dest host) virsh define vmname.xml

If the .img is at the same path on the new host, and you
have a similar network setup, machine arch, distro etc,
it should just work.

Thanks,
Cole

Old 10-21-2008, 03:21 PM