Old 10-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Dale Bewley

Default input on F10 virtualization release notes

I've been working on the virtualization release notes[1] for Fedora 10
these past several days, and I'm looking for input from those in the
know. The advances coming out of the Emerging Technologies projects and
Fedora in general are very impressive, and I'd like to do them justice.

I added a lot of content quickly yesterday, and the page structure
is by no means solid, but there is a pending freeze[2] on October
10th. I'd like to get it into the best and most accurate shape
possible before then. There will be a chance to make updates again
before the F10 release.

I've attempted to describe the improvements to virtualization-related
packages between the F9 release versions and the anticipated F10
versions. I've created a table[3] of those versions to help with the
comparison. I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know:

* if you believe a version bump is pending
* if I've left out any packages or features
* if I included something not noteworthy
* anything else you have to say

If you have any comments, contributions, or criticisms at all, please
add them to the wiki article/talk page/or email them to me.

Thanks! And keep up the great work!

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Virtualization
[2] http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-docs-tasks.html
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DaleBewley#Virtualization_Release_Notes

--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD 1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3

Old 10-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Dor Laor

Hi,

According to the release notes kvm-65 is used.
There is a maintenance branch that we keep for kvm. It is called
maint/2.6.26. It is based on

2.6.26 for the kvm kernel module and +- kvm-68 for userspace
Only bug fixes are applied on these branches so they aught to be
relatively stable.

So what about rebase fedora-10 kvm over them?

Soon we'll branch a new one out of 2.6.28 kernel module and a matching
userspace.

Regards,
Dor

Old 10-12-2008, 03:21 PM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 10:20:17AM +0200, Dor Laor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> According to the release notes kvm-65 is used.
> There is a maintenance branch that we keep for kvm. It is called
> maint/2.6.26. It is based on
> 2.6.26 for the kvm kernel module and +- kvm-68 for userspace
> Only bug fixes are applied on these branches so they aught to be
> relatively stable.
> So what about rebase fedora-10 kvm over them?

Opps, the release notes are incorrect wrt to Fedora 10 then. The
latest KVM build is -74 for Fedora 10. The -65 release was what
was in Fedora 9 repos.

$ koji latest-pkg dist-f10 kvm
Build Tag Built by
---------------------------------------- -------------------- ----------------