Old 10-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Guido GŁnther

Default virt-manager: exception when connecting to URI with already running VMs

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 01:22:27PM -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
> Guido GŁnther wrote:
> > Hi,
> > when opening virt-manager and doubleclicking on the previously definded
> > qemu:///system connection which has an already running vm I get:
> >

> This should be fixed now:
Thanks!

> http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virt-manager--devel?cs=270e1697b81a
>
> Let me know if you still have any problems. Thanks for
> the report.
Hmm...the exception is gone now but when I set "Automatically open
consoles" to "for all domains" the gtk-vnc widget just isn't getting
refreshed properly on the spawned consoles. However when I close the
console windows and click on the individual VMs everything works as
expected and the gtk-vnc widget refreshes properly.
-- Guido

Old 10-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Cole Robinson

Guido GŁnther wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 01:22:27PM -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
>> Guido GŁnther wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> when opening virt-manager and doubleclicking on the previously definded
>>> qemu:///system connection which has an already running vm I get:
>>>
>> This should be fixed now:
> Thanks!
>> http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virt-manager--devel?cs=270e1697b81a
>>
>> Let me know if you still have any problems. Thanks for
>> the report.

> Hmm...the exception is gone now but when I set "Automatically open
> consoles" to "for all domains" the gtk-vnc widget just isn't getting
> refreshed properly on the spawned consoles. However when I close the
> console windows and click on the individual VMs everything works as
> expected and the gtk-vnc widget refreshes properly.
> -- Guido

I haven't been able to reproduce this:

- virsh start vmname
- run virt-manager
- double click qemu:///system connection
- vmname console pops up and connects fine

Works for guest booting up and when the graphical
console is fully started.

Are you using a remote connection or anything?

- Cole

Old 10-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Guido GŁnther

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 02:28:39PM -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
[..snip..]
> I haven't been able to reproduce this:
>
> - virsh start vmname
> - run virt-manager
> - double click qemu:///system connection
> - vmname console pops up and connects fine
>
> Works for guest booting up and when the graphical
> console is fully started.
>
> Are you using a remote connection or anything?
No all local and it work here now too. I'll report back should it show
up again.
-- Guido