Old 10-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Guido GŁnther

Default : virt-manager: color sparkline for rx/tx, read/write

Color the rx and read sparclines red, the tx and write sparcline green.
Needs the sparkline color patch.
-- Guido

Old 10-06-2008, 11:04 AM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 10:29:22PM +0200, Guido G?nther wrote:
> Color the rx and read sparclines red, the tx and write sparcline green.

Using pure red + green with same overall colour intensity isn't good
for color-blindness, particularly since we're using a gray background

> + self.disk_io_graph.set_property("rgb", [1.0, 0.0, 0.0,
> + 0.0, 1.0, 0.0])

It'll take a little playing around to get a good colour pair which
works on a gray background, and is also color anomoly-safe. There's
a really neat DHTML webpage for just this purpose though

http://www.colorjack.com/sphere/

I'd pick 'Complementary' or one of the 'Split Complementary' variants
and then drag around the dots till you find a pair of suitable colors,
which also look reasonably distinctive when you select the various
color anomologies.

Daniel

Old 10-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Guido GŁnther

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 12:04:27PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 10:29:22PM +0200, Guido G?nther wrote:
> > Color the rx and read sparclines red, the tx and write sparcline green.
>
> Using pure red + green with same overall colour intensity isn't good
> for color-blindness, particularly since we're using a gray background
Thought so, but I hoped to delay this until we can make the color of the
graphs configurable.

> > + self.disk_io_graph.set_property("rgb", [1.0, 0.0, 0.0,
> > + 0.0, 1.0, 0.0])
>
> It'll take a little playing around to get a good colour pair which
> works on a gray background, and is also color anomoly-safe. There's
> a really neat DHTML webpage for just this purpose though
>
> http://www.colorjack.com/sphere/
>
> I'd pick 'Complementary' or one of the 'Split Complementary' variants
> and then drag around the dots till you find a pair of suitable colors,
> which also look reasonably distinctive when you select the various
> color anomologies.
Nice tool. Updated patch attached.
-- Guido

Old 10-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Guido GŁnther

Hi,
Color the rx and read sparclines redish, the tx and write sparcline
greenish - same for the labels. Colors adjusted as to Daniel's
suggestion.
-- Guido