Old 10-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Cole Robinson

Default virt-manager: exception when connecting to URI with already running VMs

Guido GŁnther wrote:
> Hi,
> when opening virt-manager and doubleclicking on the previously definded
> qemu:///system connection which has an already running vm I get:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/local/stow/virt-manager/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 540, in hw_selected
> self.refresh_config_cpu()
> File "/usr/local/stow/virt-manager/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 771, in refresh_config_cpu
> self.window.get_widget("state-host-cpus").set_text("%d" % self.vm.get_connection().host_active_processor_cou nt())
> File "/usr/local/stow/virt-manager/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 615, in host_active_processor_count
> return self.hostinfo[2]
> TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
>
> This does not happen when all vms are off. Reason is that we're
> accessing hostinfo before it has been filled in vmmConnection.tick().

Hmm, I hadn't seen this, looks like it's dependent
on having the 'view console for all domains' preference
option selected.

I'll take a look tomorrow.

Thanks,
Cole

Old 10-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Cole Robinson

Guido GŁnther wrote:
> Hi,
> when opening virt-manager and doubleclicking on the previously definded
> qemu:///system connection which has an already running vm I get:

This should be fixed now:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virt-manager--devel?cs=270e1697b81a

Let me know if you still have any problems. Thanks for
the report.

- Cole