Old 09-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Eric Duda

Default Virt-Manager not connecting qemu:///system

Hi all,

I yesterday installed virt-manager 0.6.0 and have now problems
connecting to libvirtd,

I run Ubuntu Hardy, and backported libvirt 0.4.2.
With the 0.6.0 release, virt-manager shows only connecting and I got the
following error message in virt-manager.log:

>[Fr, 26 Sep 2008 11:06:25 virt-manager 5857] ERROR (engine:167) Could
>not refresh connection qemu:///system
><type 'exceptions.TypeError'> listStoragePools() takes exactly 3
>arguments (1 given)

>Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line
161, >in _tick

> self.connections[uri]["connection"].tick()
> File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line
>878, in tick

> newPools, self.pools) = self._update_pools()
> File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line
>710, in _update_pools

> self.storage_capable = virtinst.util.is_storage_capable(self.vmm)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/util.py", line 406,
>in is_storage_capable

> n = conn.listStoragePools()
>TypeError: listStoragePools() takes exactly 3 arguments (1 given)

I try both, the 0.6.0 tar download and from source repository and
installed also latest virtinstall.
I downgraded to libvirt 0.4.0 and everythink work, with libvirt from
latest source I got the same error.

Also virt-install give that error:

> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/VirtualDisk.py", line
>135, in __init__

> self.__validate_params()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/VirtualDisk.py",
line >313, in __validate_params

> storage_capable = util.is_storage_capable(self.conn)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/util.py", line 406,
>in is_storage_capable

> n = conn.listStoragePools()
>TypeError: listStoragePools() takes exactly 3 arguments (1 given)

Any suggestions?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:42 AM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:38:40AM +0200, Eric Duda wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I yesterday installed virt-manager 0.6.0 and have now problems
> connecting to libvirtd,
> I run Ubuntu Hardy, and backported libvirt 0.4.2.
> With the 0.6.0 release, virt-manager shows only connecting and I got the
> following error message in virt-manager.log:

virt-manager 0.6.0 requires libvirt >= 0.4.5, hence why you get these
python errors with 0.4.2.

Regards,
Daniel

Old 09-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Eric Duda

Daniel P. Berrange schrieb:

I yesterday installed virt-manager 0.6.0 and have now problems
connecting to libvirtd,

I run Ubuntu Hardy, and backported libvirt 0.4.2.
With the 0.6.0 release, virt-manager shows only connecting and I got the
following error message in virt-manager.log:

virt-manager 0.6.0 requires libvirt >= 0.4.5, hence why you get these
python errors with 0.4.2.

Regards,
Daniel

This is a little bit crazy.
I also tried it yesterday with libvirt 0.4.6 from source and build a
deb, but got the same error.

I installed now again the deb I yesterday build, and it works.

Regards,

Eric

Fri Sep 26 14:30:01 2008