Old 12-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Michael DeHaan

Default $yum_config_stanza with updated, but deleted, repos.

Jeremy Rosengren wrote:

Hi,

First, thanks for creating such a nice tool for provisioning Linux
systems! I only recently found cobbler and have been hard at work
implementing it in my test lab ever since.

I've been working the repo_mirror functionality in my cobbler setup
and appear to be missing some functionality that would be helpful.
During some Linux installs (particularly CentOS, but I think also
Fedora), there are repository definitions in /etc/yum.repos.d which
default to "enabled=0". I'd like to replicate something similar in my
own mirrored repositories, as I'm currently mirroring repositories
that I want to be available, but not enabled by default.

I'd like to confirm that this feature really doesn't exist and that I
haven't missed it completely. If it really doesn't exist, I'll
probably take a stab at adding it (or at the very least generating a
trac feature request).

All the mirrored repositories are currently enabled=1 when installed on
the guests.

Additions would be welcome. (maybe cobbler repo add ... --name
--enabled-on-guest=1/0)?

Patches should go to the 'devel' branch, if you haven't noticed it
already ...
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/cobbler/wiki/PatchProcess

It looks like this would warrant adding a "enabled_by_default" value to
each Cobbler repo object (defaulting to True), and having the
action_sync.py code

template these out appropriately in the retemplate_yum_repos functions.

If this gets to confusing, it's something I could add, though it will
get in faster if you add it

Thanks!

--Michael

Thanks,