-   -   default ks.cfg for CentOS 5.1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/14630-default-ks-cfg-centos-5-1-a.html)

"Bruce Bauman" 12-07-2007 03:39 PM

default ks.cfg for CentOS 5.1

I have imported from DVD using "cobbler import", but it appears that the default ks.cfg file is generated from /etc/cobbler/kickstart_fc6.ks rather than /etc/cobbler/default.ks. Is this the expected behavior? How do I name a template such that it will be used for a CentOS 5.1 kickstart?

Thanks.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Rainer Duffner 12-07-2007 03:49 PM

default ks.cfg for CentOS 5.1

Bruce Bauman wrote:
> I have imported from DVD using "cobbler import", but it appears that the default ks.cfg file is generated from /etc/cobbler/kickstart_fc6.ks rather than /etc/cobbler/default.ks. Is this the expected behavior? How do I name a template such that it will be used for a CentOS 5.1 kickstart?

What I have found works best is to start by using an anaconda.ks file
from a manual install (really).

The kickstarts will start showing up (in the web-gui) once you make use
of them in a profile.
There's no "add kickstart" process.

Overall, cobbler is well worth the effort getting it to run.
The little time you invest up-front, you will save later multiple times.

cheers,
Rainer

Michael DeHaan 12-10-2007 02:27 PM

default ks.cfg for CentOS 5.1

Bruce Bauman wrote:

I have imported from DVD using "cobbler import", but it appears that the default ks.cfg file is generated from /etc/cobbler/kickstart_fc6.ks rather than /etc/cobbler/default.ks. Is this the expected behavior? How do I name a template such that it will be used for a CentOS 5.1 kickstart?

The above behavior is correct. The nomenclature "_fc6" really means
"this OS has support for using yum repositories during installation",
which was first

added for FC6. Think of it as "fc6 compatible".

The easiest thing to do if you don't like what that kickstart file
contains is ...

cobbler profile edit --name=foo --kickstart=/srv/mystuff/foo.ks
(and of course, run cobbler sync to apply that change to any systems
that depend on it)

--Michael