-   -   Cobbler Authen::Simple::Kerberos (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/13672-cobbler-authen-simple-kerberos.html)

Dan 12-06-2007 12:12 PM

Cobbler Authen::Simple::Kerberos

Hi guys,

All excited, I'm trying to install my freshly built rpm... but it
complains that Authen::Simple::Kerberos is missing.. but it's not
missing. I just installed it.. twice even.

I also tested with

use strict; use warnings;
use Authen::Simple::Kerberos

in a blank Perl script. This doesn't complain. I've looked under
site_perl and it all seems to be there...

Anybody any ideas?

Matt Hyclak 12-06-2007 02:01 PM

Cobbler Authen::Simple::Kerberos

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 02:12:48PM +0100, Dan enlightened us:
> All excited, I'm trying to install my freshly built rpm... but it
> complains that Authen::Simple::Kerberos is missing.. but it's not
> missing. I just installed it.. twice even.

What's complaining?

How did you install it?

> I also tested with
>
> use strict; use warnings;
> use Authen::Simple::Kerberos
>
> in a blank Perl script. This doesn't complain. I've looked under
> site_perl and it all seems to be there...
>
> Anybody any ideas?

My guess is that you've installed it from source/CPAN, so RPM doesn't know
about it and is complaining.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics

Michael DeHaan 12-06-2007 02:41 PM

Cobbler Authen::Simple::Kerberos

My guess is that you've installed it from source/CPAN, so RPM doesn't know
about it and is complaining.

Matt

This is all from the development branch and the RPM auto-requiring
dependencies.

I've disabled the auto-requires RPM voodoo, as you don't need this
module unless you're using the kerberos module (which I'm still working
on testing, didn't quite get done last night).

So, unless using authn_kerberos in /etc/cobbler/modules.conf now, you
won't need the module.

--Michael

Dan 12-06-2007 03:05 PM

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 10:41 -0500, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> > My guess is that you've installed it from source/CPAN, so RPM doesn't know
> > about it and is complaining.
> >
> > Matt
> >

> This is all from the development branch and the RPM auto-requiring
> dependencies.
>
> I've disabled the auto-requires RPM voodoo, as you don't need this
> module unless you're using the kerberos module (which I'm still working
> on testing, didn't quite get done last night).
>
> So, unless using authn_kerberos in /etc/cobbler/modules.conf now, you
> won't need the module.

That's kinda what I want to do. I've been groking around Authen::KRB5 for another project today so would like to continue this theme ;-)
Can I kill the voodoo so that I can install, or should I wait and pull it later?

Michael DeHaan 12-06-2007 03:22 PM

Dan wrote:

My guess is that you've installed it from source/CPAN, so RPM doesn't know
about it and is complaining.

Matt

This is all from the development branch and the RPM auto-requiring
dependencies.

I've disabled the auto-requires RPM voodoo, as you don't need this
module unless you're using the kerberos module (which I'm still working
on testing, didn't quite get done last night).

So, unless using authn_kerberos in /etc/cobbler/modules.conf now, you
won't need the module.

That's kinda what I want to do. I've been groking around Authen::KRB5 for another project today so would like to continue this theme ;-)
Can I kill the voodoo so that I can install, or should I wait and pull it later?

I've pushed a fix to the RPM that makes things installable, so you're
good to go.