Old 08-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Adam Stokes

Default report block size in add hardware summary

The way virt-manager is setup now is that it only reports sizes of file
backed images and a "-" with storage partitions.

This patch addresses that issue.

I'll be filing a bug for RHEL5 as soon as bugzilla comes out of
maintenance mode

Thanks

--
_|- | _ _
_|_()|<(/__

Old 08-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Cole Robinson

Adam Stokes wrote:
> The way virt-manager is setup now is that it only reports sizes of file
> backed images and a "-" with storage partitions.

I'm fine with the idea, however this patch needs a bit of work.

First this will need to be duplicated in create.py for the
guest creation wizard. I'd recommend breaking it out into
it's own function as well so we don't start adding a lot
of logic to the relatively simple get_config_* functions.

Also, could you wrap this code in a try...except block, just
log an error if we can't detect the size, and return None.

> This patch addresses that issue.
>
> I'll be filing a bug for RHEL5 as soon as bugzilla comes out of
> maintenance mode

Actually could you just bring this up in bz 453061? It's basically
covering the same issue.

Thanks,
Cole

Old 08-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Adam Stokes

> First this will need to be duplicated in create.py for the
> guest creation wizard. I'd recommend breaking it out into
> it's own function as well so we don't start adding a lot
> of logic to the relatively simple get_config_* functions.
This is complete, though for the logic part im not really sure the best
way to handle the different varieties that can be seen here

> Also, could you wrap this code in a try...except block, just
> log an error if we can't detect the size, and return None.
Complete as well

> Actually could you just bring this up in bz 453061? It's basically
> covering the same issue.

Sure thing I've appended this issue to the above BZ.

Please let me know your thoughts on the latest patch

Thanks
--
_|- | _ _
_|_()|<(/__

Old 08-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Cole Robinson

Adam Stokes wrote:
>> First this will need to be duplicated in create.py for the
>> guest creation wizard. I'd recommend breaking it out into
>> it's own function as well so we don't start adding a lot
>> of logic to the relatively simple get_config_* functions.
> This is complete, though for the logic part im not really sure the best
> way to handle the different varieties that can be seen here
>> Also, could you wrap this code in a try...except block, just
>> log an error if we can't detect the size, and return None.
> Complete as well
>
>> Actually could you just bring this up in bz 453061? It's basically
>> covering the same issue.
>
> Sure thing I've appended this issue to the above BZ.
>
> Please let me know your thoughts on the latest patch
>
> Thanks

Thanks! I've committed this:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virt-manager--devel?cs=7a0eb7f2ab10

- Cole