Old 12-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Colin Charles

Default virt-manager in F8, gives Vista a bluescreen

Hi!

I'm currently running kernel 2.6.23.1-49.fc8, with
kvm-36-7.fc8.x86_64.rpm and qemu-0.9.0-5.fc8.x86_64.rpm

I have fired up virt-manager, and tried to install Windows Vista in an
image. I gave my VM 1GB of RAM, and 15GB of disk (once I tried with
pre-allocating the disk space, the other time I didn't)

The moment that Windows would start, I would get a blue screen, with a
stop error

This prevents me from installing Windows, inside of KVM. Have others
seen this happen?

I tried installing this in the version of kvm/qemu that is provided on
Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon, and it actually worked. References to the Ubuntu stuff:

* http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/misc/kvm
* http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/misc/qemu

thanks and kind regards
--