-   -   Enhance mange_dns to optionally not (re)start bind (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/113552-enhance-mange_dns-optionally-not-re-start-bind.html)

Michael DeHaan 06-25-2008 07:01 PM

Enhance mange_dns to optionally not (re)start bind

Michael DeHaan wrote:
Marcel Haerry wrote:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/cobbler?p=cobbler;a=commitdiff;h=1e7b1b8ba5a982ca8 01a4d8246934a2315dd5931

Here's my version of this to remove the references to the "_mode" code
that should have been pulled out earlier. I don't believe they were

hurting anything, and this will be in 1.0.3 when it comes out.

I'll also merge this with devel.

If you would like to (on your end) manage these on external boxes, one
thing you might want to do is add your own version of the
restart-services trigger that would know where to copy the files and
could run the restart commands remotely via ssh (or even Func). I
think that was the original intent of Tim's patch when we moved the
trigger code outside of Sync into something that was more user editable.

If you have any improvements to offer on this, please send them along!

Thanks!

--Michael