Old 06-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Michael DeHaan

Default kvm pxe boot again

Farkas Levente wrote:

hi,
i try again pxe boot for a guest on out kvm server. the setup:

A random aside...

If this is for an OS that would be reasonable to integrate with Cobbler
(something Unixy) we could add it there and have more deployment
solutions for when PXE isn't possible -- for instance when someone has
no control over DHCP. If it's for Linux, you can already do that so you
wouldn't need PXE in that case (if you were willing to use Cobbler).

Of course if this is about Windows we can't do that now just yet, but
it's on my todo-list to see how to better make all of that work. That's
what the image management support is all about (probable integration
with udpcast & the virt-image tools, etc)

--Michael

Old 06-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Farkas Levente

Michael DeHaan wrote:

Farkas Levente wrote:

hi,
i try again pxe boot for a guest on out kvm server. the setup:

A random aside...

If this is for an OS that would be reasonable to integrate with Cobbler
(something Unixy) we could add it there and have more deployment
solutions for when PXE isn't possible -- for instance when someone has
no control over DHCP. If it's for Linux, you can already do that so you
wouldn't need PXE in that case (if you were willing to use Cobbler).

Of course if this is about Windows we can't do that now just yet, but
it's on my todo-list to see how to better make all of that work. That's
what the image management support is all about (probable integration
with udpcast & the virt-image tools, etc)

imho it's nothing to do with any kind of os or cobbler. as i wrote it's
in virt-manager's at the booting stage so the problem in kvm, qemu or
virt-manager.

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"

Old 06-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Michael DeHaan

Farkas Levente wrote:

Michael DeHaan wrote:

Farkas Levente wrote:

[...]

Yes, this was me just farming for patches on a semi-related topic --
namely getting more Unixy support in there.