-   -   Cobbler BIND DNS management confusion (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/109892-cobbler-bind-dns-management-confusion.html)

06-19-2008 07:35 PM

Cobbler BIND DNS management confusion

Make sure you have something along the lines of this in your
/etc/cobbler/settings file:

manage_forward_zones:
- 'lab.mycompany.com'

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394

Dustin Black 06-19-2008 07:43 PM

Cobbler BIND DNS management confusion

Interesting. I see that there is some convention to the line return and
the preceding dash that is both odd and poorly documented. I had:

manage_forward_zones: 'domain.com'

But changing that to:

manage_forward_zones:
- 'domain.com'

seems to have solved the problem I've been having.

Thanks, James!

-Dustin Black

Chris MacLeod 06-19-2008 09:16 PM

Cobbler BIND DNS management confusion