Old 06-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Leon Bogaert

Default virt-install: location for ubuntu ftp

Hi all,

I'm trying to install ubuntu via virt-install. When virt-install asks for a location I want it to install ubuntu via ftp. I've tried a lot of ftp url's from ftp://ftp.tudelft.nl/pub/Linux/archive.ubuntu.com/
But everytime I get an error like this one: http://pastie.org/216792

What would be the right url to use? I've tried setting the os type and variant (linux/ubuntu), but that didn't make a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Leon

Old 06-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Cole Robinson

Leon Bogaert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to install ubuntu via virt-install. When virt-install asks for a location I want it to install ubuntu via ftp. I've tried a lot of ftp url's from ftp://ftp.tudelft.nl/pub/Linux/archive.ubuntu.com/
> But everytime I get an error like this one: http://pastie.org/216792
>
> What would be the right url to use? I've tried setting the os type and variant (linux/ubuntu), but that didn't make a difference.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Leon

What is the full command line you are using? From the looks of the error message
you passed ftp://ftp.tudelft.nl/pub/Linux/archive.ubuntu.com/ as the distro
location which isn't valid. There should certainly be a nicer error message though,
but this section of the code is a mess anyways and really needs to be slimmed
down.

Also I assume you are trying to install a qemu/kvm guest?

Thanks,
Cole