Old 06-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Cole Robinson

Default virt-manager new behavior: app wont close if details window present

Hi all,

Just a heads up that I've just committed some changes to virt-manager
that alter default behavior. Previously, if the 'Manager' window was
closed, the entire app would shutdown. This is not all that desirable
as a typical user might just want console access to a VM or two, not
requiring the Manager to be present.

The changes keep the app running as long as either the Manager or a
Details/Console window is visible. Menu buttons were also added to
the Details view to return to the Manager if it has been closed, and
antother to fully quit the app regardless of open windows. I posted
a screenshot of the new menu items for reference.

Thanks,
Cole

[1] http://crobinso.fedorapeople.org/virt-manager/vmm-new-details-menu.png