Old 06-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Adrian Revill

Default Virt-manager and bonded nic's

Hi,

We have set up a RH Cluster using rhel5.2 and are running bonded nics
with vlans.

/# brctl show
bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
virbr0 8000.000000000000 yes
xenbr0 8000.000e0cc59628 yes bond1.300

vif0.0

xenbr1 8000.000e0cc59628 yes bond1.400

vif0.1

xenbr2 8000.000e0cc59628 yes bond1.10

vif0.2

xenbr3 8000.000000000000 no/

The problem is, virt-manager does not show the bonded interfaces, but
shows the all the ethx interfaces grayed out.
This means we cant select a network via virt-manager, but have select a
virtual network, then manually edit the config file after.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Cole Robinson

Adrian Revill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have set up a RH Cluster using rhel5.2 and are running bonded nics
> with vlans.
>
> /# brctl show
> bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
> virbr0 8000.000000000000 yes
> xenbr0 8000.000e0cc59628 yes bond1.300
>
> vif0.0
> xenbr1 8000.000e0cc59628 yes bond1.400
>
> vif0.1
> xenbr2 8000.000e0cc59628 yes bond1.10
>
> vif0.2
> xenbr3 8000.000000000000 no/
>
> The problem is, virt-manager does not show the bonded interfaces, but
> shows the all the ethx interfaces grayed out.
> This means we cant select a network via virt-manager, but have select a
> virtual network, then manually edit the config file after.

Hi, this should be working upstream: bonding and vlan support was added
in february and is in version 0.5.4:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virt-manager--devel?cs=6a155cfe437c

However this isn't in the virt-manager version in RHEL 5.2. If you'd like to
see this in RHEL please file a bug requesting this for 5.3.

Thanks,
Cole