Old 06-12-2008, 05:03 PM
"Demetri Mouratis"

Default Way to Disable createrepo After cobbler reposync

I'm finding that CentOS 4 running cobbler reposync against a CentOS 5
repo is causing problems with the repodata. There has been a change
in the format of the repo structure between 4/5. Is there a way I can
use cobbler reposync under Centos 4 (creatrepo 0.4.3) while preserving
the repodata from the upstream?

For more info, please see:

http://www.nabble.com/CentOS-4-Cobbler-Server-Hosting-CentOS-5-Repository-td17568366.html

Thanks.

-D

Old 06-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Michael DeHaan

Demetri Mouratis wrote:

I'm finding that CentOS 4 running cobbler reposync against a CentOS 5
repo is causing problems with the repodata. There has been a change
in the format of the repo structure between 4/5. Is there a way I can
use cobbler reposync under Centos 4 (creatrepo 0.4.3) while preserving
the repodata from the upstream?

For more info, please see:

http://www.nabble.com/CentOS-4-Cobbler-Server-Hosting-CentOS-5-Repository-td17568366.html

Thanks.

-D

It sounds like you are expressing a problem with yum-utils's createrepo
from EL4 not working against EL 5 repos.
While this problem is new to me, you should probably run from an EL-5
server, that has a createrepo that can grok both.

In either case, it's a problem with the createrepo program and not
something Cobbler is really involved with. It may be solved

by a simple upgrade of the package.

--Michael

Old 06-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Michael DeHaan

Michael DeHaan wrote:

Demetri Mouratis wrote:

[...]

s/createrepo/reposync/

Old 06-12-2008, 05:21 PM
"Demetri Mouratis"

> It sounds like you are expressing a problem with yum-utils's createrepo from
> EL4 not working against EL 5 repos.
> While this problem is new to me, you should probably run from an EL-5
> server, that has a createrepo that can grok both.
>
> In either case, it's a problem with the createrepo program and not something
> Cobbler is really involved with. It may be solved
> by a simple upgrade of the package.
>
> --Michael

Agreed with the source of the problem. I'm unable to upgrade to 5 for
the cobbler server at this time. The createrepo packge is the latest.
I'll pursue that separately.

I wonder what value there is in rebuilding the repodata from a public mirror?

Thanks.

-D

Old 06-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Michael DeHaan

Demetri Mouratis wrote:

It sounds like you are expressing a problem with yum-utils's createrepo from
EL4 not working against EL 5 repos.
While this problem is new to me, you should probably run from an EL-5
server, that has a createrepo that can grok both.

In either case, it's a problem with the createrepo program and not something
Cobbler is really involved with. It may be solved
by a simple upgrade of the package.

--Michael

Agreed with the source of the problem. I'm unable to upgrade to 5 for
the cobbler server at this time. The createrepo packge is the latest.
I'll pursue that separately.

I wonder what value there is in rebuilding the repodata from a public mirror?

Thanks.

-D

Latest as in "built from source" ?

If you rsync a repo and do not rsync all of it (such as using an
excludes file to not pull down Open Office translations), you have to
generate the repodata again.

--Michael