-   -   Problem with "hang" on AMD chip (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/105419-problem-hang-amd-chip.html)

"lhaig-haigmail.com" 06-12-2008 01:03 PM

Problem with "hang" on AMD chip

Hi,

I just tried using kvm on my Dell AMD64 laptop and virt-manager. I can
create a vm quite fine and I can start it.
Booting of an iso file the vm boots and starts set-up but then hangs the
whole machine. no keyboard mouse access.

You can still ping the host but not connect via ssh.

Other machines running the same os "ForesightLinux" do not have this
problem.

How can I start debugging this?

Thanks

Lance

Cole Robinson 06-13-2008 07:50 PM

lhaig-haigmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried using kvm on my Dell AMD64 laptop and virt-manager. I can
> create a vm quite fine and I can start it.
> Booting of an iso file the vm boots and starts set-up but then hangs the
> whole machine. no keyboard mouse access.
>
> You can still ping the host but not connect via ssh.
>
> Other machines running the same os "ForesightLinux" do not have this
> problem.
>
> How can I start debugging this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lance

This isn't really the correct mailing list for this type of problem. My
recommendation would be to pull down the latest upstream kvm release and
see if you can reproduce the problem there, and if so take it to one of
the upstream kvm lists (http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/Lists%2C_IRC).

- Cole

"lhaig-haigmail.com" 06-16-2008 08:38 AM

Problem with "hang" on AMD chip

Hey guys,

Thanks

Apologies for wasted bytes