-   -   Enable/Disable netboot for whole profile (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/103370-enable-disable-netboot-whole-profile.html)

"Eamonn Walsh" 06-09-2008 02:53 PM

Enable/Disable netboot for whole profile

Hi Guy,

What you would recommend as the best way to turn on or off the enable-netboot setting for systems assigned to a certain profile.

- Eamonn

Michael DeHaan 06-09-2008 03:03 PM

Enable/Disable netboot for whole profile

What you would recommend as the best way to turn on or off the
enable-netboot setting for systems assigned to a certain profile.

Ideally we'd run a non-existant command like this:

cobbler system find --profile=foo | xargs cobbler system edit
--netboot-enabled=0

But wait, we can't do that yet! That's on my nice-to-have list
though. Thankfully you can do this pretty quickly now with a Python
script:

#!/usr/bin/python
import cobbler.api as capi
api = capi.BootAPI()
systems = api.find_system(profile="parent-name-goes-here",return_list=True)
for s in systems:
s.set_netboot_enabled(False)
api.add_system(s) # save it after changing it

Hopefully that gets a few more people interested in the Cobbler API too :)

--Michael

"Eamonn Walsh" 06-09-2008 03:06 PM

Enable/Disable netboot for whole profile

Perfect, just what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Eamonn

What you would recommend as the best way to turn on or off the enable-netboot setting for systems assigned to a certain profile.

Ideally we'd run a non-existant command like this:

cobbler system find --profile="" | xargs cobbler system edit --netboot-enabled=0