-   -   Cobbler server is downlevel (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-linux-management-tools/100820-cobbler-server-downlevel.html)

"Demetri Mouratis" 06-04-2008 05:18 PM

Cobbler server is downlevel

Hi,

I'm having an issue with cobbler/koan and version numbers across
CentOS 4/5. I'm attempting to use koan-1.0.0-1.el5 to install a xen
virtualized guest of CentOS 4. The dom0 in question is CentOS 5. The
cobbler server is running CentOS 4 and cobbler-0.8.3-3.el4.

Both cobbler and koan are installed out of EPEL from their respective
repositories.

I get the following message invoking koan on CentOS5:

# koan --virt --profile=centos4virt --server=lncbuild.lnc.rnmd.net --nogfx
cobbler server is downlevel, need version >= 0.9, have 0.803

Cobbler on CentOS 4 is the latest at cobbler-0.8.3-3.el4.

# yum -y update cobbler
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Could not find update match for cobbler
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

Should I downgrade koan? Rebuild a newer cobbler from source?

Why the version mismatch?

Thanks.

-D