Old 06-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Atsushi SAKAI

Default Question about the plan for support provisioning

Hi,

I have a question about provisioning support for virt-manager.

If any planned for this, please explain the plan.
If provisioning is plannned to suppport complicated functions,
it takes long time to support.
Or simple provisioning support is planned.

I guess virt-install implements to support remote connection,
since libvirt uses remote interface.
This makes smaller changes to virtmanager.

And also, remote storage API is already supported on libvirt.
It seems to support provisiong in near future.

Thanks
Atsushi SAKAI

Old 06-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Cole Robinson

Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about provisioning support for virt-manager.
>
> If any planned for this, please explain the plan.
> If provisioning is plannned to suppport complicated functions,
> it takes long time to support.
> Or simple provisioning support is planned.
>
> I guess virt-install implements to support remote connection,
> since libvirt uses remote interface.
> This makes smaller changes to virtmanager.
>
> And also, remote storage API is already supported on libvirt.
> It seems to support provisiong in near future.

Remote guest creation is on the way for virt-manager, I've actually
just started working on some of the internals for handling the
libvirt storage APIs.

Some sort of UI for virt-clone is also on the roadmap though no
work has been done on it.

- Cole