Old 05-28-2008, 11:25 PM
"John Preston"

Default Wireless not working with FC9 on Dell XPS M1530

I have installed FC9 on a Dell XPS M1530 and am having problems with
the wireless connectivity which was working with FC8 on the same
laptop. I get the following from dmesg:

iwl3945: Detected Intel Wireless WiFi Link 3945ABG

iwl3945: Error: saturation power is -1, less than minimum expected 40

iwl3945: Invalid power index

iwl3945: initializing regulatory failed: -5

ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:0b:00.0 disabled

iwl3945: probe of 0000:0b:00.0 failed with error -5

Can anyone tell me what seems to be happening and if there is anything
I can do to fix it. Ocassionally I get it to work after restarting
NetworkManager. I'm right beside the wireless hub so it should not be
signal strength.

John