Old 12-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Jim Duda

Default Compaq F572US Locks Up with FC7

FYI, I returned my laptop to HP, which then replaced my hard drive.
All of my problems have disappeared after the hard driver replacment.

jim

Jim Duda wrote:
I have a Compaq F572US, with AMD Athlon Turin X86 with nvidia graphics
adapter. I really like the laptop, however, it occasionally hits a hard
lock up and I have to reset and reboot. The computer runs really slow
with Windows Vista, but works fine with Fedora :-)

I'm not sure how to tell if this is a software configuration problem or
I have purchased a lemon.

I'm running latest Fedora FC7 Moonshine, up-to-date.

My kernel boot options are noapic irqpoll noapci

Can anyone share experiences with Compaq F572US laptop computers?

Thanks,

Jim