Old 05-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Jason Dwyer

Default dell inspiron 9400 - resume from suspend

hi all,

i have an inspiron 9400 with nvidia 7900gs video card.

just did a clean install of f9, plus all updates ( including hal stuff
today, which i hoped might fix things...), and still cant resume from
suspend.

pretty sure its video driver related ( alas, no viable nvidia binary
blobs available for the 1.5 xserver yet), as i recall similar issues in
fedora 7, and cant for the life of me remember if i fixed it or if
updates fixed it!

suspend kicks in just right, but resume brings up the relevant lights
for power, disk, bluetooth and wifi ( usb optical mouse lights up too),
but the display remains completely unlit.

i'm using the nv driver, tried the nouveau one for a couple of days, and
same net result ( although no mouse, wifi or bluetooth indicators come
up with nouveau.

anyone got any clues?

do i need to tweak the suspend/resume script ? any pointers where i
might find what needs a tickle?

thanks in advance

Old 05-22-2008, 08:29 PM
"Rui Tiago Cação Matos"

On 22/05/2008, Jason Dwyer <Jason.Dwyer@redata.com.au> wrote:
> suspend kicks in just right, but resume brings up the relevant lights
> for power, disk, bluetooth and wifi ( usb optical mouse lights up too),
> but the display remains completely unlit.

I don't think you can resume with the nv driver since it does not have
the code to do it. You'll have to avoid using suspend (actually in F8
I think the options didn't even show up if you used the nv driver,
don't know why that changed) or install the latest nvidia blob which
does work if you go through some nasty tricks.

Rui