Old 05-20-2008, 03:13 PM
"Petru Rebeja"

Default upgrade to fedora 9 on Asus

Hi everyone!
I've just upgraded my Fedora 8 (which was working very good) to Fedora 9 and I can't start X server. the message i get: No screens found.
Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?
Thanks!

Old 05-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Kae Verens

Petru Rebeja wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I've just upgraded my Fedora 8 (which was working very good) to
Fedora 9 and I can't start X server. the message i get: No screens found.

> Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?
> Thanks!

if it's the same problem I had (nvidia driver not working with new xorg
server), then you need to boot into init level 3 and start X using:

startx -- -ignoreABI

there're a few ways around that (to do it in normal level 5) but I
usually start from 3 anyway so haven't looked into it further.

--
Kae Verens' signature
http://webworks.ie/ lead programmer