Old 04-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Gene Horodecki

Default Dual head t42 with Fedora 7, tricks?

Hi there.. I was able to get dual-head working on my t42 (Radeon
Mobility 7500) working out of the box to a certain extent but still not
to my satisfaction. Is there a trick to getting a different resolution
on each of the monitors? I have a 1024x768 LCD screen and a 1600x1200
VGA monitor and I had hoped to use each to the fullest extent. So far
it hasn't worked with either extended desktop (which I prefer) or with
the two desktop config.

Please help? Thanks.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Sean Madden

I'm running Fedora 8/9 Preview, and the easiest way to do it would be to
use the 'xrandr' (XResizeANDRotate) command to accomplish this. Fedora
7 had/has the command, but with limited support. Easiest way to do it
would be to upgrade to Fedora 8, or wait another 16 days until Fedora 9
comes out. Then upgrade.

-Sean Madden

Old 04-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Gene Horodecki

Yeah, I actually came from Fedora 8 and dual head wouldn't work at all.
Since then I've loaded up Fedora 7 and Fedora 9 preview... In Fedora 7,
the DH works out of the box but yeah we've already talked about that..
The Fedora 9 Dual head dialog didn't work at all... There was no card to
select in the '2nd video card' field for me and so I am a tad concerned
about that... I hope it gets fixed for the release.