-   -   Can't get into Fedora 18 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/713125-cant-get-into-fedora-18-a.html)

Archie Kidd 04-21-2013 08:15 PM

Can't get into Fedora 18

I have installed Fedora-18-i686-Live-Desktop.iso on a bootable usb
using Universal USB Installer v 1.9.3.1. in order to try it.* (I am currently using Mint 14.)

Program installs and opening screen shows the logo and top icon bar and:

'Sign in' (greyed out)
'Not listed?'

Selecting 'Not listed' produces a request for 'Username' with a box
to fill in, and 'Cancel' or 'Sign in'
Everything I try on the username produces 'Authentication error'

and returns to sign in screen.

Can anyone help me get to the program?

Jacob Nielsen 04-21-2013 11:10 PM

Can't get into Fedora 18

I would try logging into single user mode and delete the file /etc/sysconfig/firstboot this will trigger the "first boot" dialog and you can create a new user there.

Logging into singleuser-mode:

Add the word "single" without the "'s to your kernel string via the boot loader