Old 09-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Ron Leach

Default Fedora compatible?

List, good morning,

Samsung have already announced they are exiting the netbook market
and, as a result, their N102S netbooks are being offered at fairly
good prices. I'd like to get one but could I check whether we know if
Fedora can support its video chipset? I'm aware that some chipsets
are problematic - and not only for Fedora.

According to this page, the video in the N102S is the Intel GMA 3600.

http://www.misco.co.uk/Product/Q498185/Samsung-N102S-B01UK-Netbook-PC-Intel-Atom-N2100-1-6GHz-10-1inch-LED-1GB-320GB-Windows-7-Starter-Edition-1-Year-Warranty

This video chipset may also be named 'cedarview'. I think it's quite new.

Anybody know whether Fedora will run with this chipset?

regards, Ron