-   -   Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/700773-intel-mobile-express-chipset-sata-ahci-controller.html)

lmick h 09-05-2012 12:12 PM

Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller

Hello all,

I'm in the process of trying to setup a Lenovo Ideapad U410
with Fedora 17.* The system keeps putting the SATA drive into UDMA/100.*
Apparently the system has an Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI
controller.* I have found next to nothing detailing Linux support for
this controller.* Does anyone have experience with this?*

I've
done the normal steps as far as checking to make sure the BIOS is set to
AHCI and has been since I installed. When the system first boots I get
messages such as "ata2.00: failed to enable AA(error_mask=0x1)"
a couple times as it boots up.* Probably going to open a bug report if I
can't find anything else, but I'm not sure if this is a bug or just
unsupported hardware.* Any pointers in the right direction on handling
this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lucas