-   -   How to install Fedora 17 with Windows 7 on Sony T-series (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/695425-how-install-fedora-17-windows-7-sony-t-series.html)

Noel Gomez 08-18-2012 10:15 PM

How to install Fedora 17 with Windows 7 on Sony T-series

Hello all, I have searched and searched until my migraines kicked in to find this answer and I just can't figure it out.*
I have a Sony Vaio T-series (svt13112fxs) that uses a SSD to increase speed via Intel Rapid Storage Technology. So basically it creates a RAID0 setup.*

If i try to install Fedora 17, I have to delete the metadata (i.e. dmraid -r -E /dev/sda & /dev/sdb) so that Fedora can successfully install. But now my Windows side will suffer in performance without that RAID setup with the SSD.*

I managed to the laptop back to its original state but at the cost of deleting the Fedora partition.*
How can I successfully dual boot Fedora 17 with the Windows 7 but still maintain its RAID setup with the SSD?

Thank-you and have a nice day.*