Old 04-13-2008, 08:58 PM
"Dougal Ballantyne"

Default Sound and on-screen display

Hi,

I am running Fedora 8 x86_64 on a HP Compaq 6710b. I am having issues
with sound.

1. When I mute the sound, it only stays muted for about a minute and
then unmutes itself.
2. When adjusting the sound up/down or muting, there is no visual
display on the screen. (Used to run Ubuntu and it worked there.)

Has anybody seen this before?

Kind regards,

Dougal