Old 04-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Frank Murphy

Default Complete download disc for my Laptop

On 06/04/12 13:57, John Kearney wrote:

I am in need of securing a complete Fedora 16 disc with all neccsary for
pictures, videos, and music play and storage. Where can I go.

You can try:
Use a release Fedora Live CD,
of whichever flavour you like:
https://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora

Pleas *don't* click on Alpha.
I surmise from this email,
you are new to Fedora and possibly Linux.

If you are living somewhere that doesn't dignify
software patents. You can use a utility like
autoplus, fedorautils, easylife to add the extra functionality.

If you live somewhere software patents are seen as legitimate.
Go to http://www.fluendo.com/ and purchase, whatever functionality
required to cover thy posterior in legal paper trail.

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 04-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Pat Swayne

The main problem with Fedora (or any other distro) and laptops is
support for the video. If it supports your video, then everything else
will work fine.

Go to this site:
http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-options#formats
And download the appropriate DVD image (32 or 64 bit), burn it to a DVD,
and try installing it on your laptop.

And if it works, there will be software in the package that plays MP3's.
-- Pat
ps. I have Fedora running on an older Dell notebook. That particular
notebook has a changeable video card, and I had to take out the original
card an put in a Nvidia card to get it to work.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Frank Murphy