-   -   Complete download disc for my Laptop (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/653329-complete-download-disc-my-laptop.html)

John Kearney 04-06-2012 12:57 PM

Complete download disc for my Laptop

I am in need of securing a complete Fedora 16 disc with all neccsary for pictures, videos, and music play and storage. Where can I go.

Chris Schumann 04-06-2012 01:24 PM

On Fri, 2012-04-06 at 08:57 -0400, John Kearney wrote:
> I am in need of securing a complete Fedora 16 disc with all neccsary
> for pictures, videos, and music play and storage. Where can I go.
Hi John,

You will not find such a beast in any official Fedora release. Just for
one example: MP3 files cannot be played with any stock Fedora code, as
the software is encumbered with patents. Other audio and video formats
are likewise prohibited by Fedora's own policies from being included.

There may be distributions based on Fedora that have more included, but
I haven't looked into them.

Chris