Old 11-27-2007, 05:02 PM
"MiataRed"

Default Help in installing Fedora 8

I hope someone can give some ideas.

*

I have a Toshiba Portégé 3500 laptop. *(P3 1.3GHz, 1 GB of
RAM) It is a Tablet PC and has been running XP Pro Tablet Ed.

*

I have been trying to install Fedora for many months already
and am not giving up… I have successfully installed Fedora 8 on many other
PCs and laptops, but this one is a real challenge to me.

*

It is a non-standard PC: no built-in CD-ROM, it uses a
proprietary PCMCIA model from Targus made for this model, and special drivers
are needed to run it, DOS drivers do exist, but no Linux drivers. I only use it
to re-install Windows XP as the Toshiba recovery CDs need it. I do not care for
the Tablet PC specific functions, as I use it as a standard laptop.

*

I also have a standard external USB 2.0 CD/DVD-RW,
however it will not boot from this – but I do have an external FDD and it
will boot from this.

*

If I try to boot the Fedora DVD, using the PCMCIA CD-ROM it
will get started, but then Anaconda will not recognize the device, and stops *–
and no Linux drivers exists.

*

So I figure I could use the USB CD/DVD-ROM, as I think this
will be a valid device for Anaconda.

*

I need specific instructions to create floppies to get a successful
Fedora 8 installation.

*

Can anyone help ?

*