Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora Laptop (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/)
-   -   Wireless Broadcom BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/6043-wireless-broadcom-bcm93411mcg-wlan-mini-pci.html)

"willhs@siu.edu" 11-27-2007 05:51 AM

Wireless Broadcom BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci
 
I have a compaq presario c500 running fedora core 8 (with
automatic updates already installed) with a "Broadcom
Corparation BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci" card. It shows up in
network configuration under hardware as an ethernet card and not
a wireless connection. I tried to delete it as an ethernet and
set it up as a wireless, yet "Broadcom Corparation BCM93411MCG
wlan mini-pci" does not show up under "select wireless device" or
"adapter type". Yet when I add it as an ethernet connection it
shows up under "adapter type" or "select ethernet connection" yet
if I install it, it has a status of 'ok', yet does not function
or activate.

Drivers?
Any ideas?


_______________________________________________
Fedora-laptop-list mailing list
Fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-laptop-list

Mansour 11-27-2007 07:36 PM

Wireless Broadcom BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci
 
willhs@siu.edu wrote:

I have a compaq presario c500 running fedora core 8 (with
automatic updates already installed) with a "Broadcom
Corparation BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci" card. It shows up in
network configuration under hardware as an ethernet card and not
a wireless connection. I tried to delete it as an ethernet and
set it up as a wireless, yet "Broadcom Corparation BCM93411MCG
wlan mini-pci" does not show up under "select wireless device" or
"adapter type". Yet when I add it as an ethernet connection it
shows up under "adapter type" or "select ethernet connection" yet
if I install it, it has a status of 'ok', yet does not function
or activate.


Drivers?


Yes, it looks like it's a driver issue.
We need more info to be able to help.
post the output of these commands:

/sbin/lspci | grep -i broad
/sbin/lsmod | sort
uname -a




Any ideas?


_______________________________________________
Fedora-laptop-list mailing list
Fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-laptop-list




_______________________________________________
Fedora-laptop-list mailing list
Fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-laptop-list

"willhs@siu.edu" 11-29-2007 12:24 AM

Wireless Broadcom BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci
 
Here are the outputs:

[root@ws150219 ~]# /sbin/lspci | grep -i broad
06:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan
mini-PCI (rev 01)
[root@ws150219 ~]# /sbin/lspci | sort
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS,
943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile
945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS,
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI
Express Port 1 (rev 01)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI
Express Port 3 (rev 01)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family)
USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family)
USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family)
USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family)
USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge
(rev e1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC
Interface Bridge (rev 01)
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE
Controller (rev 01)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7
Family) SATA AHCI Controller (rev 01)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus
Controller (rev 01)
06:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan
mini-PCI (rev 01)
08:08.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
[root@ws150219 ~]#


_______________________________________________
Fedora-laptop-list mailing list
Fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-laptop-list

Mansour 11-29-2007 12:42 AM

Wireless Broadcom BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci
 
Hello:
You sent me only the first output I asked for. I was expecting you to
run /sbin/lsmod and not /sbin/lspci.
The first and second output you gave me are the same except the second
one is a sorted list for all the pci devices you have.
We need to find out what models are loaded. So that we can decide if
it's a configuration issue or a driver.
You can list the models that are loaded by invoking "/sbin/lsmod" and
then sort them for better view.

Just execute "/sbin/lsmod | sort" and send me the output.


willhs@siu.edu wrote:

Here are the outputs:

[root@ws150219 ~]# /sbin/lspci | grep -i broad
06:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan
mini-PCI (rev 01)
[root@ws150219 ~]# /sbin/lspci | sort

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS,
943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile
945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS,
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI
Express Port 1 (rev 01)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI
Express Port 3 (rev 01)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family)
USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family)
USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family)
USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family)
USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge
(rev e1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC
Interface Bridge (rev 01)
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE
Controller (rev 01)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7
Family) SATA AHCI Controller (rev 01)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus
Controller (rev 01)
06:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan
mini-PCI (rev 01)
08:08.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
[root@ws150219 ~]#







_______________________________________________
Fedora-laptop-list mailing list
Fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-laptop-list

"willhs@siu.edu" 11-29-2007 01:00 AM

Wireless Broadcom BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci
 
B43 has to do with Broadcom... B43-fwcutter... b43 shows up in
lines b43 , rfkill, input_polldev, mac80211, and ssb



sorted output:

/sbin/lsmod | sort
8139cp 21697 0
8139too 24513 0
ac 8133 0
ahci 22597 2
arc4 5953 2
ata_piix 16709 1
autofs4 20421 2
b43 129637 0
battery 14025 0
blkcipher 9029 1 ecb
bluetooth 49317 4 rfcomm,l2cap
button 10321 0
cdrom 33889 1 sr_mod
cfg80211 10441 1 mac80211
dm_mirror 21569 0
dm_mod 46209 11
dm_multipath,dm_snapshot,dm_zero,dm_mirror
dm_multipath 18249 0
dm_snapshot 17765 0
dm_zero 5825 0
drm 67029 3 i915
ecb 6721 2
ehci_hcd 31693 0
ext3 110665 3
i2c_core 21825 1 i2c_i801
i2c_i801 12113 0
i915 23745 2
input_polldev 7369 1 b43
ip6table_filter 6337 1
ip6_tables 15109 2 ip6t_ipv6header,ip6table_filter
ip6t_ipv6header 6209 2
ip6t_REJECT 8257 2
iptable_filter 6465 1
ip_tables 14213 1 iptable_filter
ipt_REJECT 7617 2
ipv6 245989 14 nf_conntrack_ipv6,ip6t_REJECT
iTCO_vendor_support 7109 1 iTCO_wdt
iTCO_wdt 13797 0
jbd 52457 1 ext3
joydev 11649 0
l2cap 25537 9 rfcomm
libata 99633 2 ata_piix,ahci
loop 16581 0
mac80211 112461 1 b43
mbcache 10177 1 ext3
mii 8385 2 8139too,8139cp
Module Size Used by
nf_conntrack 51977 3
nf_conntrack_ipv4,nf_conntrack_ipv6,xt_state
nf_conntrack_ipv4 11717 2
nf_conntrack_ipv6 18769 2
nfnetlink 8281 3
nf_conntrack_ipv4,nf_conntrack_ipv6,nf_conntrack
nls_utf8 5825 1
ohci_hcd 21445 0
output 6977 1 video
pcspkr 6593 0
rfcomm 36825 0
rfkill 9297 1 b43
scsi_mod 119757 4 sg,sr_mod,libata,sd_mod
sd_mod 27329 3
serio_raw 9029 0
sg 31965 0
snd 43461 11
snd_hda_intel,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,s nd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_hwd ep
snd_hda_intel 274529 1
snd_hwdep 10309 1 snd_hda_intel
snd_mixer_oss 16705 1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_page_alloc 11337 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
snd_pcm 63685 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm_oss 37569 0
snd_seq 44849 5
snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_seq_device 10061 3 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq
snd_seq_dummy 6725 0
snd_seq_midi_event 9793 1 snd_seq_oss
snd_seq_oss 29889 0
snd_timer 20549 2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
soundcore 9633 1 snd
sr_mod 17509 1
ssb 30021 1 b43
sunrpc 140765 1
uhci_hcd 23633 0
video 19921 0
x_tables 14277 7
ipt_REJECT,ip_tables,xt_state,xt_tcpudp,ip6t_ipv6h eader,ip6t_REJECT,ip6_tables
xt_state 6081 4
xt_tcpudp 6977 8


_______________________________________________
Fedora-laptop-list mailing list
Fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-laptop-list

Mansour 11-29-2007 05:00 AM

Wireless Broadcom BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci
 
can you do a scan? try something like:
/sbin/iwlist wlan0 scan
replace wlan0 with your wireless interface. If you don't know try
/sbin/ifconfig -a



willhs@siu.edu wrote:

B43 has to do with Broadcom... B43-fwcutter... b43 shows up in
lines b43 , rfkill, input_polldev, mac80211, and ssb



sorted output:

/sbin/lsmod | sort
8139cp 21697 0
8139too 24513 0
ac 8133 0
ahci 22597 2
arc4 5953 2
ata_piix 16709 1
autofs4 20421 2
b43 129637 0
battery 14025 0
blkcipher 9029 1 ecb

bluetooth 49317 4 rfcomm,l2cap
button 10321 0
cdrom 33889 1 sr_mod

cfg80211 10441 1 mac80211
dm_mirror 21569 0
dm_mod 46209 11

dm_multipath,dm_snapshot,dm_zero,dm_mirror
dm_multipath 18249 0
dm_snapshot 17765 0
dm_zero 5825 0
drm 67029 3 i915
ecb 6721 2
ehci_hcd 31693 0
ext3 110665 3
i2c_core 21825 1 i2c_i801
i2c_i801 12113 0
i915 23745 2
input_polldev 7369 1 b43
ip6table_filter 6337 1
ip6_tables 15109 2 ip6t_ipv6header,ip6table_filter
ip6t_ipv6header 6209 2
ip6t_REJECT 8257 2
iptable_filter 6465 1
ip_tables 14213 1 iptable_filter
ipt_REJECT 7617 2
ipv6 245989 14 nf_conntrack_ipv6,ip6t_REJECT

iTCO_vendor_support 7109 1 iTCO_wdt
iTCO_wdt 13797 0
jbd 52457 1 ext3
joydev 11649 0
l2cap 25537 9 rfcomm

libata 99633 2 ata_piix,ahci
loop 16581 0
mac80211 112461 1 b43

mbcache 10177 1 ext3
mii 8385 2 8139too,8139cp
Module Size Used by
nf_conntrack 51977 3
nf_conntrack_ipv4,nf_conntrack_ipv6,xt_state
nf_conntrack_ipv4 11717 2
nf_conntrack_ipv6 18769 2
nfnetlink 8281 3

nf_conntrack_ipv4,nf_conntrack_ipv6,nf_conntrack
nls_utf8 5825 1
ohci_hcd 21445 0
output 6977 1 video
pcspkr 6593 0
rfcomm 36825 0
rfkill 9297 1 b43

scsi_mod 119757 4 sg,sr_mod,libata,sd_mod
sd_mod 27329 3
serio_raw 9029 0
sg 31965 0
snd 43461 11

snd_hda_intel,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,s nd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_hwd ep
snd_hda_intel 274529 1
snd_hwdep 10309 1 snd_hda_intel

snd_mixer_oss 16705 1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_page_alloc 11337 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
snd_pcm 63685 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm_oss 37569 0
snd_seq 44849 5

snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_seq_device 10061 3 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq
snd_seq_dummy 6725 0
snd_seq_midi_event 9793 1 snd_seq_oss
snd_seq_oss 29889 0
snd_timer 20549 2 snd_seq,snd_pcm

soundcore 9633 1 snd
sr_mod 17509 1
ssb 30021 1 b43
sunrpc 140765 1
uhci_hcd 23633 0
video 19921 0
x_tables 14277 7

ipt_REJECT,ip_tables,xt_state,xt_tcpudp,ip6t_ipv6h eader,ip6t_REJECT,ip6_tables
xt_state 6081 4
xt_tcpudp 6977 8







_______________________________________________
Fedora-laptop-list mailing list
Fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-laptop-list

"willhs@siu.edu" 11-30-2007 05:07 AM

Wireless Broadcom BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci
 
[root@localhost ~]# /sbin/iwlist wlan0 scan
wlan0 Interface doesn't support scanning : Network is down

[root@localhost ~]# /sbin/ifconfig -a
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:16:D4:A1:87:99
inet addr:131.230.150.219 Bcast:131.230.150.255
Mask:255.255.255.128
inet6 addr: fe80::216:d4ff:fea1:8799/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:22561 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:16293 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:25176694 (24.0 MiB) TX bytes:2133263 (2.0 MiB)
Interrupt:20

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:5345 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:5345 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:3523876 (3.3 MiB) TX bytes:3523876 (3.3 MiB)

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1A:73:00:19:E8
BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

wmaster0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr
00-1A-73-00-19-E8-A8-4C-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)


_______________________________________________
Fedora-laptop-list mailing list
Fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-laptop-list

Mansour 11-30-2007 01:56 PM

Wireless Broadcom BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci
 
I think you will need to install the correct firmware.
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#devicefirmware
You need version 4.


willhs@siu.edu wrote:

[root@localhost ~]# /sbin/iwlist wlan0 scan
wlan0 Interface doesn't support scanning : Network is down

[root@localhost ~]# /sbin/ifconfig -a
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:16:D4:A1:87:99
inet addr:131.230.150.219 Bcast:131.230.150.255
Mask:255.255.255.128

inet6 addr: fe80::216:d4ff:fea1:8799/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:22561 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:16293 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:25176694 (24.0 MiB) TX bytes:2133263 (2.0 MiB)
Interrupt:20

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0

inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:5345 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:5345 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:3523876 (3.3 MiB) TX bytes:3523876 (3.3 MiB)


wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1A:73:00:19:E8
BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1

RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)


wmaster0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr
00-1A-73-00-19-E8-A8-4C-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1

RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)







_______________________________________________
Fedora-laptop-list mailing list
Fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-laptop-list

"willhs@siu.edu" 12-05-2007 09:54 PM

Wireless Broadcom BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci
 
So the plot thickens...

I went to
http://paulsdigitalworld.blogspot.com/2007/11/ubuntu-fedora-linux-hardware-working.html

I saw the "There are 3 services you need to turn on. Network
manager, network dispatcher and wpa_supplicant." And did a check
to see if these services were running, and they were not
activated at startup or running. I turn ed them on and bingo it
worked!

I can now get on wireless networks...yet there is an error at
boot looking for a wpa-supplicant.conf file

When the system first boots into x... I am not able to see
networks... yet if I go to services and restart wpa_supplicant, I
am able to see networks once again.

so... not it is just making it so the network loads at startup
smoothly....


[root@ws150219 ~]# /sbin/lsmod | sort
8139cp 21697 0
8139too 24513 0
ac 8133 0
ahci 22597 2
arc4 5953 2
ata_piix 16709 0
autofs4 20421 2
b43 129637 0
battery 14025 0
blkcipher 9029 1 ecb
bluetooth 49317 4 rfcomm,l2cap
button 10321 0
cdrom 33889 1 sr_mod
cfg80211 10441 1 mac80211
cisco_ipsec 600668 0
dm_mirror 21569 0
dm_mod 46209 9
dm_multipath,dm_snapshot,dm_zero,dm_mirror
dm_multipath 18249 0
dm_snapshot 17765 0
dm_zero 5825 0
drm 67029 3 i915
ecb 6721 2
ehci_hcd 31693 0
ext3 110665 2
i2c_core 21825 1 i2c_i801
i2c_i801 12113 0
i915 23745 2
input_polldev 7369 1 b43
ip6table_filter 6337 1
ip6_tables 15109 2 ip6t_ipv6header,ip6table_filter
ip6t_ipv6header 6209 2
ip6t_REJECT 8257 2
iptable_filter 6465 1
ip_tables 14213 1 iptable_filter
ipt_REJECT 7617 2
ipv6 245989 14 nf_conntrack_ipv6,ip6t_REJECT
iTCO_vendor_support 7109 1 iTCO_wdt
iTCO_wdt 13797 0
jbd 52457 1 ext3
joydev 11649 0
l2cap 25537 9 rfcomm
libata 99633 2 ata_piix,ahci
loop 16581 0
mac80211 112461 1 b43
mbcache 10177 1 ext3
mii 8385 2 8139too,8139cp
Module Size Used by
nf_conntrack 51977 3
nf_conntrack_ipv4,nf_conntrack_ipv6,xt_state
nf_conntrack_ipv4 11717 2
nf_conntrack_ipv6 18769 2
nfnetlink 8281 3
nf_conntrack_ipv4,nf_conntrack_ipv6,nf_conntrack
ohci_hcd 21445 0
output 6977 1 video
pcspkr 6593 0
rfcomm 36825 0
rfkill 9297 2 b43
scsi_mod 119757 4 sg,sr_mod,libata,sd_mod
sd_mod 27329 3
serio_raw 9029 0
sg 31965 0
snd 43461 13
snd_hda_intel,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,s nd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_hwd ep
snd_hda_intel 274529 3
snd_hwdep 10309 1 snd_hda_intel
snd_mixer_oss 16705 2 snd_pcm_oss
snd_page_alloc 11337 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
snd_pcm 63685 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm_oss 37569 0
snd_seq 44849 5
snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_seq_device 10061 3 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq
snd_seq_dummy 6725 0
snd_seq_midi_event 9793 1 snd_seq_oss
snd_seq_oss 29889 0
snd_timer 20549 2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
soundcore 9633 2 snd
sr_mod 17509 0
ssb 30021 1 b43
sunrpc 140765 1
uhci_hcd 23633 0
video 19921 0
x_tables 14277 7
ipt_REJECT,ip_tables,xt_state,xt_tcpudp,ip6t_ipv6h eader,ip6t_REJECT,ip6_tables
xt_state 6081 4
xt_tcpudp 6977 8
[root@ws150219 ~]# man wlan
No manual entry for wlan
[root@ws150219 ~]# /sbin/iwlist wlan0 scan
wlan0 Scan completed :
Cell 01 - Address: A6:9F:FE:97:D8:25
ESSID:"Free Internet Access"
Mode:Ad-Hoc
Channel:11
Frequency:2.462 GHz (Channel 11)
Quality=56/100 Signal level=-72 dBm Noise
level=-69 dBm
Encryption key:off
Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s
Extra:tsf=b92a5f57be36331e
Cell 02 - Address: A6:8D:B9:4E:C2:9F
ESSID:"Free Public WiFi"
Mode:Ad-Hoc
Channel:11
Frequency:2.462 GHz (Channel 11)
Quality=55/100 Signal level=-73 dBm Noise
level=-69 dBm
Encryption key:off
Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s
Extra:tsf=b92a5f57be370855
Cell 03 - Address: 02:12:F0:20:C7:F7
ESSID:"ethernet"
Mode:Ad-Hoc
Channel:11
Frequency:2.462 GHz (Channel 11)
Quality=46/100 Signal level=-81 dBm Noise
level=-69 dBm
Encryption key:off
Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s;
6 Mb/s
9 Mb/s; 12 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s; 24 Mb/s;
36 Mb/s
48 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s
Extra:tsf=00000026b6b7c2af


_______________________________________________
Fedora-laptop-list mailing list
Fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-laptop-list

"willhs@siu.edu" 12-05-2007 10:03 PM

Wireless Broadcom BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci
 
ok, I disabled the automatic startup of wpa_supplicant and that
seemed to do the trick...


_______________________________________________
Fedora-laptop-list mailing list
Fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-laptop-list


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:11 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.